SSAC Scholarship Program
Program Guidelines & Priorities
- Amount of award for 2017 will be $500 to a single recipient.
- Participants must be SSAC student-athletes who demonstrate leadership, dedication, and character as valued members of their football program, school, and community.
- Seeking only graduating seniors who have played a minimum of 1 year in an SSAC Varsity Football Program. Applicants must currently be a member of the school’s football program.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0, un-weighted
- Minimum 250 word essay
- A Letter of Recommendation from Head Football Coach is required.
- Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the student athlete’s selected University for the full scholarship amount.
- Applicants must have the endorsement of their Principal, Athletic Director and Head Football Coach.
- The applications will be reviewed and recipients selected by a committee consisting of coaches from the SSAC scholarship committee. The scholarships will be announced and awarded at the championship game on November 15th.
St Edward's Coach Bill Motta (center) accepts the scholarship for Mason Heim.
At the 2015 Florida Bowl, we presented a scholarship to a distinguished recipient of the Sunshine State Athletic Conference Scholarship. This individual was chosen from a pool of talented student-athletes and was selected based on his demonstration of leadership, dedication, and character. This young man is a valued member of his football program, school, and community.
As a talented student-athlete who is able to manage a rigorous academic curriculum and demanding athletic schedule, this 3-sport standout is a leader in all aspects of his life. With a 4.53 GPA, this young man serves as his team captain, Vice President of Student Council, and plans to attend Villanova, Vanderbilt, or MIT next fall. He has been recognized this season for his honorable character, academic excellence, and unwavering leadership. The Sunshine State Athletic Conference was proud to award the 2015 SSAC Scholarship to Mason Heim from the St. Edward’s School!